‘Only 2Face Can Be Regarded As A Legend Around Here’ – Timaya

Share it:

Timaya says lots of music industry folks are calling themselves legends wrongly which isn’t right.

The DM Records boss made the statement during a radio interview with Soundcity 96.5 Port Harcourt. He said he only rightly regards 2Face as a legend because of his longevity.

 “In this part of the world, many artistes when they get to 10 years, they start shouting ‘I’m a legend’, ‘legendary’. To me, in this industry, the only person that can call himself a legend is 2face. The others shouldn’t. Even if people call me a legend, I don’t like to be seen like that”, he said.

Timaya maintained that he is still very much the king of commercial and no one has edged him out of his throne, “the crown never leaves. I am Timaya anytime any day, 13 years is not three years. People don’t understand that making a hit song doesn’t mean you are a star. Stars always shine, some people can make a hit song and you will never hear of them again. There’s no year I’ve never dropped a hit song. I don’t want to be number one. I just want to be a musician. A lot of people have come and gone but I’m still here.”

The post ‘Only 2Face Can Be Regarded As A Legend Around Here’ – Timaya appeared first on NaijaMusic.


by sonofrose via NaijaMusic
Share it:

Post A Comment:

0 comments: